Ea is readily identified at the center with water flowing from his shoulders. Ea is surrounded by apkallu, puradu-fish apkallu.
The puradu-fish apkallu have fish heads and fish bodies draped down their backs. They raise rectangular objects of unknown etiology in their right hands, in their traditional acts of purification and blessing. The banduddu buckets are, as usual, in their lowered left hands. This tub probably portrays the Seven Sages of antediluvian Sumeria. The compositions from before the flood were dictated to him by a god. Lenzi has called attention to the fact that the two first authors in the Catalogue are Ea and Uanadapa , starting a chain of scribal transmission.
Catalogue of Texts and Authors VI, , ibid. Create a website or blog at WordPress. Samizdat About Facebook Twitter Archives.
Share this: Twitter Facebook Email Reddit. Like this: Like Loading Leave a comment. Ilteri has shown me; he has [made known to me] everything. Post to Cancel. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Heaton, E. Jamieson-Drake, D. Lang, B. Gilbert ed. Reprinted [same title] in B. Lang, Wie wird man Prophet in Israel? Lemaire, A. Townsend, "Education: 2. Ancient Israel; 3. Lemaire; the article first appeared in Fasc. Perdue ed. Leuchter, M. Liwak, R. Axmacher — K. Wirsching zum Reprinted [same title] in R. Milstein, S. Olivier, J. Person, R. Niditch ed. Puech, E.
Quick, L. Renz, J. Rollston, C. Schmidt ed. Gertz — B. Levinson — D. Rom-Shiloni — K. Schmid eds. Sanders, S. Schams, C. Schmid, K. Schniedewind, W.
Zurawski — G. Boccaccini eds. Tov, E. Vayntrub, J. Weeks, S. Whisenant, J.
Scribal Culture and the Making of the Hebrew Bible | Samizdat
Whybray, R. Civil, M. Cohen, Y. Crisostomo, C.
See a Problem?
Klein — A. Skaist eds. Devecchi, E. Egmond, W. Ellison, J. Hutton — A. Rubin eds. The book can be downloaded freely here. George, A. Sefati — P. Artzi — C. Cohen — B. Eichler — V.
- Scribal Culture and the Making of the Hebrew Bible - PDF Drive.
- A Journey into Florida Railroad History (Florida History and Culture).
- Sub navigation?
- Scribal Culture and the Making of the Hebrew Bible : Karel Van Der Toorn : .
- Sober For The Health Of It;
- 2. Ancient Near East (including Egypt and Canaan)?
- Molecular Biology of RNA Processing and Decay in Prokaryotes (Progress in Molecular Biology and Translational Science).
Issue Section:. You do not currently have access to this article.
- Crusoes Island: A Ramble in the Footsteps of Alexander Selkirk With Sketches of Adventure in California and Washoe.
- Scribal Culture and the Making of the Hebrew Bible;
- Barack Obama - Why All The Hate?!
- Saudi Scientific International Conference 2012 Proceedings.
- Lesson Plans Mutant Message Down Under;
- Comments (0).
- For the Love of Hope.
- Simple Steps To Getting Hired 24 hrs. After Your Job Interview.
Download all figures. Sign in. You could not be signed in. Sign In Forgot password? Don't have an account? American Historical Association members Sign in via society site. Sign in via your Institution Sign in.
Scribal Culture and the Making of the Hebrew Bible – By Karel van der Toorn
Purchase Subscription prices and ordering Short-term Access To purchase short term access, please sign in to your Oxford Academic account above. This article is also available for rental through DeepDyve. View Metrics. Email alerts New issue alert. Advance article alerts. Article activity alert.